Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How do I get detailed router stats?

This is a discussion on How do I get detailed router stats? within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Firstly, hello, as this is my first post. A quick history of my connection. I have been connected for roughly ...

Grid66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wokingham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Ahh connecting at 128kbps!!

Firstly, hello, as this is my first post.

A quick history of my connection. I have been connected for roughly two and a half weeks, although activation was on the 2 Nov 2006. The first week of connection was awesome, lightning fast browsing and download speeds that I haven't experienced with previous providers. I suffered none of the reported problems and didn't need to reboot the routier etc.

But alas it did not last. Late last week the connection slowed down to a crawl. Eventually through trawling the internet I found the information on accessing the router and I have now discovered that I have been capped at 128kbps . After contacting the tech support I was told that this was due to syncing problems and that over the next 5 days they gradually be upping this cap to establish the optimum connection speed. I am a bit perplexed by this as I had absolutely no problems with the connection up to this point.
      (OutofSpace - maybe call tech support back and find out if this is what they have done with yourself?)

Does this sound plausible? i.e. for them to cap it for synching reasons if I haven't experienced any problems.

Could someone perhaps advise who I can get the detailed as shown in this thread please, I would like to check if I am indeed in ADSL2+.

thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: How do I get detailed router stats?

Welcome to the forum

I've split your post off to its own thread as its not really on to add your query to someone else's thread when it is on a different topic and their problem hasn't been resolved yet. It's called thread hijacking and can annoy people. I'll let you off as you're new to the forum

The detailed stats you refer to have to be extracted from the router with an unsupported command probably best delivered via Mognut's excellent utility. You'll find details in one of the Tech forum stickies.

Grid66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wokingham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Many thanks Saturday, and please accept my apologies for the unintended hijack of the original thread.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

You're welcome - and don't worry about me ticking you off - just teasing

Let us know if you need any help. You'll find this a very friendly forum.