Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Resetting Netgear NG834GT to work on other ISPs

This is a discussion on Resetting Netgear NG834GT to work on other ISPs within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; hi i'm looking to unlock the Sky settings on the netgear so that i can reuse it on my new ...

dangersmyth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Resetting Netgear NG834GT to work on other ISPs

hi
      i'm looking to unlock the Sky settings on the netgear so that i can reuse it on my new ISP

i've had a nightmare with Sky and after 5 months, 31 calls and 16 hours of 0870 calls have finally given up the ghost. not to rant here but for info- as don't want to be seen to be pinching Sky's hardware- the story was that they set up the account incorrectly. i tried to change package halfway through setup and they responded by closing the account. there was a problem with their outsourcer who never recognised the closed command so they couldnt resetup the account and i was left in limbo. all in all a very wasteful and stressful experience...

i've managed to use the asinine monkey URL hack to get into the settings page but all of this is specific to Sky. i've tried a few hints from different places but can't seen to find a definitive answer on how to restore the hardware back to an original, nonSky platform and get a copy of the netgear wizard to set up on my new ISP Virgin.

Feel that i am learning a lot about routers but i still need help!

2. Advertisement
      mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Resetting Netgear NG834GT to work on other ISPs

Hi dangersmyth, welcome to Skyuser.

Take a look at this: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...tions-faq.html, point 1.
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.

dangersmyth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks. i don;t see the flash files download link on the netgear page though. only the upgrade files on the left hand page. nothing from searching the webpage either. is there a direct link to flash files download?

mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The upgrade files are the flash files. Read the "Recovery Utility" and the documentation sections. I won't provide a link to the direct firmware files because that would be bypassing the documentation on how to do the flash, which would be tantamount to encouraging you to break your router and the flash files on their won are useless without the documentation.
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.