Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Linksys wag300n router

This is a discussion on Linksys wag300n router within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi ,Being a bit of a novice when it comes to routers. I could do with a bit of advice. ...

timd2905 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Downend Bristol
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Linksys wag300n router

Hi ,Being a bit of a novice when it comes to routers. I could do with a bit of advice.
      I have been offered a linksys wag300n for a good price ,which would be good for me as i live in a stone cottage and the sky routers wireless just dont do the job. and with the wag300n being n mode wireless i hoping this will help.
      My question is ive noticed its only got a ethernet input to link it to another modem ,and no input for normal lead to the adsl socket. does this mean i will have to link it to sky router to connect it to adsl. Thanks Tim

2. Advertisement
      Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Linksys wag300n router

The WAG300N, according to the Datasheet, has a built in Access Point Capability. With this switched on you can connect via Ethernet to your Sky Router and use the WAG300N for your wireless connection to the Internet.

If the WAG gives the opportunity to choose an IP, pick a high number to avoid IP clashes. 192.168.0.254 or similar works for me.

There is a user guide on the Lynksys site, but it wouldn't open for me when I tried.

The major downside to this type of setup is having to have extra kit sat around, especially if a) your router is in the lounge or b) you are married to my wife who seems to have an aversion to boxes and wires for some reason

~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~