Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cant Connect - HELP

This is a discussion on Cant Connect - HELP within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hey people, Today about 10am I could not get any webpages and MSN dropped out. Did the usual router reboot, ...

wcavanagh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidenhead
      Broadband ISP: Freedom2Surf
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Cant Connect - HELP

Hey people,
      Today about 10am I could not get any webpages and MSN dropped out. Did the usual router reboot, nothing. I am sync with the exchange, but I cannot get an IP out of Sky. So no way to go forward. Rang sky he said he could see me connected even told me what speed I was sync'ed at that I doubed checked in the router admin page. Many reboots, resets, even reloaded the firmware, just in case. Powered down for an hour, still nothing. Sky said it will take 5 days to look into. Any ideas?????? PLEASE???????

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I see you got my message

If you have access to another router the in here there is a post that will help you get your Username and password, that will tell you for sure if its a router problem or a SkyBB or exchange problem.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

Help

I sure did my friend, hehe, typical me I did not even notice the tech forum.

I have just set up a Linksys WAG54GS and gives me the same thing, sync but will not connect.

I am a network admin and have also worked for BT on BB rollout, so wish I still worked for them, biggest mistake ever I think was moving from Plusnet.. I dotn think I have ever had a stable connection for more than 5 days. Without having to reboot. Love it, haha

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      You say you're synced with the exchange? How have you determined that?

On your router status page do you have anything appearing under ADSL Port? And what about under Modem?

Sky think you're connected which means that your router is presumably connecting with the exchange

My first thoughts would be to try a router reset (pinhole on the back of the router). Pressing a second or so will reset without losing any setting changes you may have had. Pressing for 5+ seconds will return the router to default.

Next thing I'd do is make sure the router runs cool by mounting it on its side on the feet supplied. Overheating causes strange problems.

Let us know if a reset helps.

EDIT: posted before your last post appeared. If you are getting the same with a different router then ignore my feeble suggestions

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have just held the reset button in for lonher than 5 sec, to do a full reload and reset. Now what IP address will the router be? I have tried 192.168.0.1 no joy.

LOL, just seen your edit mate. haha. typical, anyway still need to get back into the sky router help....

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Then you know more than enought and a hell of a lot more then me so I will shut up now

I knew I recognised (wcavanagh) that handle

LOL Saturday
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Ah - I think the mist is clearing

So when you say you haven't got an IP you mean you can't log into the router? Then if you can't get into the router then you can't have extracted your username and password to try in a different router? Or am I confused again?

If you can't log into your Sky router or another router then this suggests a problem with your PC ethernet connection doesn't it (or even the cable)?

Thanks

haha, i crop up hear and there over the internet, hehe.

Got back into the router, yay, IP changed to something better, so I can use my 2nd internet gateway at the same time and trying to sync this bad boy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post
      Ah - I think the mist is clearing

So when you say you haven't got an IP you mean you can't log into the router? Then if you can't get into the router then you can't have extracted your username and password to try in a different router? Or am I confused again?

If you can't log into your Sky router or another router then this suggests a problem with your PC ethernet connection doesn't it (or even the cable)?
      Nope, sorry mate, lets clear the fog, when I did the hold the reset button in the IP changed from 192.168.0.123 to 192.168.0.1 that us the same IP as my other router, and other telephone line ISP with Plusnet that im using to post this just had to have a reboot and we are all sorted. I have extracted password long ago

Currently running sky firmware again (ho hum)

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Hey - look at that! Suggesting a reset wasn't a feeble suggestion after all

Glad you're sorted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast