Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Now Tv Router (Sky NR801 router ) port forwarding

This is a discussion on Now Tv Router (Sky NR801 router ) port forwarding within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi All , just jumped over from Virgin to NOWTV on the strength that I can still control and view ...

Quovadisuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Now Tv (sky NR801 router)
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Now Tv Router (Sky NR801 router ) port forwarding

Hi All , just jumped over from Virgin to NOWTV on the strength that I can still control and view my CCTV cameras Remotely … despite being advised support is available now I have signed up ..I find there is no help and support to reconfigure my CCTV to the new router

Could anyone talk me through how I can do this myself please as I am getting nowhere fast

I have access to the CCTV ie IP address subnet mask default gateway and new IP address for the CCTV I can also access this info via my Pc to get the access to the default gateway of the network and also access to the router itself ….. can anyone talk me through setting this up in basic layman’s terms to get this to work once again please it needs to be vey simplistic for me to follow and ideally with little checks to see if I have done it correctly ie using ping command or what’s myiP and portchecker
      I am not to bad at following but can’t seem to fathom out where to start with this new router ….Really appreciate anyone’s help to guide me through start to finish please …thank you in advance kind regards for reading ……

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Now Tv Router (Sky NR801 router ) port forwarding

Port forwarding *can* be done - it’s a bit fiddly to set up, but it’s identical to how it’s done for Sky’s older routers like SR101, SR102. Guide on this website (not the forum) somewhere. Broadly speaking, create a SERVICE and a RULE to ALLOW incoming access for the relevant port and then associate them together.

Did you have a static (external) IP address on Virgin? Guessing yes. Unfortunately NOW doesn’t provide that. So you may need to use something like DDNS to associate your external IP address with a DDNS name so that you can access CCTV via the DDNS name when away from home.
      Last edited by speedyrite; 10-10-21 at 03:11 PM.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)