Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Netgear WGR 614 Router Usage

This is a discussion on Netgear WGR 614 Router Usage within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hiya - I will try and put up a pic tomorrow of my socket that has the wire coming in ...

aazzguard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kneller Hall
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hiya - I will try and put up a pic tomorrow of my socket that has the wire coming in from the outside - looking through the Clarity UK website I'm sure mine isn't a BT Master Socket. Hopefully someone can clarify for me.

What I don't understand is how Homechoice (previous ISP) manged to deliver a higher speed and more consistant service (only had to reboot router every couple of months if that) using the exact same wiring I use now for the Sky broadband.

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Oh OK. You've got an old socket by the sounds of it so no test socket. An NTE5 mastersocket is in two halves - the upper is blank and the lower has the socket.

ADSL and ASDL2+ have different characteristics and handle noise/attenuation differently. Just the characteristics of your line I guess?

mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post
      Yes I knew you'd used Jose's hack to get your password/username. What I didn't say very clearly was that this isn't the password to get into telnet - nobody knows what that password is.
      I do.
      It's blank. The reason it doesn't work in the sky firmware is because the telnet daemon uses /bin/login which won't like the blank password. The URL hack tells the daemon to shell out straight to a, well, shell instead. Simple really!
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Ah - thanks! I think you told us that before when you first came up with the URL injection hack for telnet

mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well, I think Jose should take the credit for the url hack. All I did was look at the source code for the telnet daemon so see how to make it stop asking for a password and produce a url to do this. Jose had already done the hard work by this stage.
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123