Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Creating a wireless bridge on 2504n

This is a discussion on Creating a wireless bridge on 2504n within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hey there! I have seen my question asked a few times on this forum but have never quite seen a ...

Kieran1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Creating a wireless bridge on 2504n

Hey there!

I have seen my question asked a few times on this forum but have never quite seen a definitve answer.

At the moment due to the location of my router wired connections are difficult and would involved running alot of unsightly cable. Also I have tried powerlines and they really don't cope in my ancient house!

So everything is wireless. I'm about to purchase a new dvd player which will require a wired connection and also want to get sky anytime on my main box.

I have got my old Linksys WRT54GS Router and I am running DD-WRT Firmware on it. I have been tinkering around with the settings for a few days now and had no luck setting it up as a client bridge.

I finally discovered this...

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/techn...a4n_uni-3.html and think it can aid me in creating the bridge.

I was wondering if i could get some support with the settings relative to a sky router in order to get this working as at the moment alot of my devices are really lacking key parts of their functionality.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kieran.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Creating a wireless bridge on 2504n

I don't think the Custom firmware will help. Wireless repeaters or extenders can by connected to a Sky router using stock firmware. You will have to put the Linksys into Repeater mode, which I think it is capable of. If that does not work and ethernet and homeplugs are out, you would have to buy a dedicated extender such as this Netgear Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.