Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Comtrend powergrid 902

This is a discussion on Comtrend powergrid 902 within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I have just bought two of these adaptors to try them out on my braodband. Before setting them up I ...

RHP485 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Comtrend powergrid 902

I have just bought two of these adaptors to try them out on my braodband. Before setting them up I plugged them into two separate wall sockets. The first one all three lights came on. Green AP/STBY - Red Ethernet - Red Status. None of the lights came on the other one until I pressed the On button. The only light that came on was AP/STBY light that was Red. Have I got a problem that I can resolve myself? Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Comtrend powergrid 902

I've got a couple of pairs of this model myself.

Try plugging something into each of them. i.e. Router with one & PC or Sky STB with the other

It is normal for this model not to display all the 3 green LEDs until they are connected to the network at both ends.

Also make sure that the serial numbers are identical, except for that one will have the letter 'A' & the other 'B'.

I can't recall where it was, but there is a manual on-line for these somewhere. Let us know if there are any other issues.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

RHP485 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I've got a couple of pairs of this model myself.

Try plugging something into each of them. i.e. Router with one & PC or Sky STB with the other

It is normal for this model not to display all the 3 green LEDs until they are connected to the network at both ends.

Also make sure that the serial numbers are identical, except for that one will have the letter 'A' & the other 'B'.

I can't recall where it was, but there is a manual on-line for these somewhere. Let us know if there are any other issues.
      Thanks for that Scubbie.
      They do have the same serial numbers, except one is 'A' and the other is 'B' as you suggested.
      I have downloaded a copy of the manual but, unless I missed it, I did not see any information about this stuation.
      I will try them out as you suggested, but not tonight, and if I have a problem I will call on your help again.
      Your help is really appreciated!!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Well done for locating the manual.

Although it may not describe your precise issue, should they still fail to work, the manual does describe the process for pairing two together. Since the two you have should be paired anyway, you shouldn't need to do this, but you can if you want.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms