Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with Netgear router.

This is a discussion on Help with Netgear router. within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; hi i have a problem like anothers here i have a sagen router from sky.my connection is very poor to ...

robradical is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Help with Netgear router.

hi i have a problem like anothers here i have a sagen router from sky.my connection is very poor to my secund floor,my kids canot do any home work on pcs.
      my friend give me a netgear wireless n-300 wnr2000 to help me but i like to connect to my sky router like a piggy back but i dont know how to setup the sky router make him only like a modem and use the wireless connection from netgear sameone can help please is very important for me and kids.

ps: sorry about my poor english thanks...

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky router + wireless N router + me = a mess

The Wireless N300 and the WNR2000 are two different routers, the first is an ADSL router with a built in modem, the second does not have a modem. These require different procedures depending on the one you have, so can you confirm which of these you have.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Sky router + wireless N router + me = a mess

hi thank you very much for help me on box say netgear wireless n300 wnr2000 and is router cable i dont now if this help

Thanks

Re: Help with Netgear router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

hi netgear wnr2000

Thanks

Right try this -
      1.plug second router into a PC and change its IP address to 192.168.0.254.and change the starting address to 192.168.1.2 and finish to 192.168.1.254
      2. Change the Starting address to 192.168.1.2 and the finish to 192.168.1.254.
      3. Leave DHCP Server Enabled and disable the wireless security for the time being..
      4. Disconnect the second router from the PC and plug in the Sky router.
      5. Go into the Sky routers settings and click the Advanced tab then the WAN setup tab.
      6. Tick the Default DMZ Server box and put 192.168.0.254 into the address space.
      7.Plug an ethernet cable into one of the Sky routers ethernet ports and into the WAN port of the new router.
      8. Make sure the ADSL cable is plugged into the phone line, connect an ethernet cable between the PC and the second router, rebooot the PC and try to connect to the internet.
      9. The second router can then be moved where you want it but it must be connected either directly with an ethernet cable or through a homeplug network.

Remember to Save/Apply every time you make a change to the router settings.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

hi i have a issues on 1,2 can you explaine more easy way for me please wat i like to do is get full N range from second router is possible.
      im not breaking the sky terms nad cond.

Thanks

OK, forget about what I said above and I will give you an easier way.

1. Log into your new routers settings and change the IP address to 192.168.0.254 and click to save. Disable the DHCP server.
      2. Connect to your Sky router using one of the ethernet ports. Not the WAN port.
      3. Go into the settings of the Sky router, click the Setup tab then Untick 'Enable wireless access point'
      4. That's it, all you have to do now is try to connect to the N router by wireless. If the security is enabled you will have to find the network key, usually on the label and put this into the PC you are trying to connect.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

By connecting a separate router to the Sky Router you are not breaking Sky's T&Cs.

It might be worth reading the manual for your router.

This will show you specifics on how to change the IP address of your router and how to set up your WiFi, etc.

Rather than getting lost in the manual, choose the specific area that you want to examine (i.e. Chapter 2 for WiFi, Chapter 4 for the IP address).

The Netgear manuals are fairly easy to read with plenty of clear pictures.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

hi after all the settings be change...to get from the new router full N range i need to change anything or do automatic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast