Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Desperate for help

This is a discussion on Desperate for help within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hello I wonder if anyone can help me as I am getting desperate: moved house and signed up to sky ...

fpa
      fpa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Desperate for help

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me as I am getting desperate: moved house and signed up to sky 10 days ago but their router is not being delivered for almost a week now because of the snow (~1 foot here). That's a huge issue for me as I cannot go to work and I cannot work from home either and could even loose my job because of this...

To use a non-sky router, can I get the username/password in any other way other from the sky router? And will sky never give me this over the phone?

Thank you for any help

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Desperate for help

Sky have been known to provide the username / password, but their staff aren't supposed to.

I'm not sure being sacked due to snow would stand up at an employment tribunal.

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Desperate for help

Well, if sky don'r help you, you could try to buy a Sky router on ebay, if you can find a seller willing to email you the details required to obtain the username and password from the https://www.cm9.net/skypass/ site before posting it to you. The log in should work on your connection providing the router hasn't been blacklisted.

Get a white one if you can as it is the best sky router and only requires the MAC code to generate the password. And avoid the d-link one, as it requires software to extract the password.