Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Apple TV and HomePlugs (BELKIN Powerline AV F5D4074Uk)

This is a discussion on Apple TV and HomePlugs (BELKIN Powerline AV F5D4074Uk) within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi, Hopefully someone can help me with this issue, as I am stumped. I purchased the BELKIN Powerline AV Starter ...

Ross L is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Apple TV and HomePlugs (BELKIN Powerline AV F5D4074Uk)

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue, as I am stumped. I purchased the BELKIN Powerline AV Starter Kit F5D4074Uk to replace my wireless connection. I have got it setup and it all seems to be working perfectly (surfing the net and downloading from iTunes), until I come to syncing my Apple TV. With my PC connecting to the router via my Wireless N card, my Apple TV is detected in iTunes and I can sync to it but as soon as I disable the wireless card and use the ethernet port using the homeplugs, my Apple TV isn't detected. My Apple TV is connected to the router via the inbuilt wireless receiver.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ross

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Apple TV and HomePlugs (BELKIN Powerline AV F5D4074Uk)

Is the ATV shown as a connected device in the Attached Device list? Are you sure you are not contacting the ATV directly and not through your router? Switch your router off and see if you are still able to connect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Ross L is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Apple TV and HomePlugs (BELKIN Powerline AV F5D4074Uk)

Sorry for the delayed reply, I didn't get an email saying there had been a reply.

It did show up in the devices list when I was using the Wireless Connection, but as soon as I switched to the home plugs (disabled the wireless connection, enabled the ethernet port and rebooted the PC) it disapeered.

I found a way around the issue. I just setup my wireless N connection to use the Apple TV as its gateway and used the homeplugs for the internet connection. Seems to work perfectly and the Apple TV syncs quicker than it used to now