Results 1 to 2 of 2
This is a discussion on dg934g within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; We were using a sagum router but were having problems with wsitching it on would take a about 20 mins ...
- 13-05-10, 08:42 PM #1
We were using a sagum router but were having problems with wsitching it on would take a about 20 mins to get it to turn on so bought a NETGEAR DG934G the problem we have is we cant connect one of our lap top to it we dont have a problem with the others. The one we have a problem with is an old ibm think pad with a belkin wireless card connected didnt have this problem with the old router
- 14-05-10, 03:57 PM #2
Things to try:
- Bring the IBM close to the router while testing in case it's a weak signal problem (several feet away will do fine)
- Change the wireless channel, some old cards didn't like channel 13
- Check the wireless mode is 'g & b', the Netgears sometimes have an 'Auto 108Mbps' mode which confuses some wireless cards
- Check you haven't switched MAC address filtering on!
- Try without any wireless security (just for a few moments while testing)
- If that works double and triple check the WPA key you're entering is correct (case sensitive, and 0 isn't the same as O)!
- Check if you're now using WPA2-PSK, you might have previously been using WPA-PSK
- Some old cards could only use WEP, others only WPA-PSK with TKIP.