Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

WG311v3 gets no signal but sees wireless network

This is a discussion on WG311v3 gets no signal but sees wireless network within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I have a Sky DG834GT router. My Samsung netbook connects fine wirelessly to it. I got a WG311v3 which sees ...

patbell101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01909
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

WG311v3 gets no signal but sees wireless network

I have a Sky DG834GT router. My Samsung netbook connects fine wirelessly to it. I got a WG311v3 which sees my wireless network (and my neighbours ftm) but gets no signal on any channel. It _does_ get a signal from my neighbours though of course their security keeps from connecting further. Their support said it was old - but directed me to a new driver which although it claimed to be 3.2.43.306 yet it still loads for me as 3.2.3.2 so makes no difference. They also got me to change security to WEP which made no difference.

Oh and yes I added the new wireless connection indicated on my router - although it _did_ identify itself as unknown now I thinik about it.

fwiw My Wii also fails to connect and some blogs seem to suggest that the fault is the Sky firmware on th router.
      Last edited by patbell101; 16-02-10 at 12:20 PM.

2. Advertisement