Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can't print wirelessly thru sky router

This is a discussion on Can't print wirelessly thru sky router within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; had this problem for a while now i own an imac and macbook and in the past when i was ...

mike40 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Can't print wirelessly thru sky router

had this problem for a while now

i own an imac and macbook and in the past when i was with another isp, i would be able to print wirelessly via the apple airport router with no problems at all.

i now have sky broadband and have been using their bog standard wireless router. i can access the internet and email with no problems etc, but when i go to print there seems to be a communication error

I even bought a new printer this weekend, and did a completely new set up and it still doesn't work. the printer says its connected to the router/network and the software set up says that the printer was communicating with the router, but there still seems to be a glitch somewhere.....

pulling my hair out now lol - any ideas anyone ????

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Can't print wirelessly thru sky router

If you were using a PC I would advise checking that File and Printer Sharing is enabled in the Firewall, but I don't know if Macs have something similar.

Have you considered connecting your Airport to the router, this may solve your problem.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.