Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

early termination fees

This is a discussion on early termination fees within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; hi im new to this and not sure if im writing in the right place. but anyway i have a ...

tinnies is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

early termination fees

hi im new to this and not sure if im writing in the right place. but anyway i have a problem

i moved into a new place and planned on having the sky transferred but the engineer got here and said the building was too high and too close to the road for him to be able to safely put his ladder up. so basically we couldnt get a dish put up through no fault of our own. all this was back in september and we were forced to cancel the contract early and now i am getting letters saying i have to pay an early termination fee but it wasnt our fault we had to cancel. i cant find anywhere that states the terms and conditions on all this and dont know what to do. i have phoned sky and i have to now write to customer relations but wondered if anyone knew what normally happens in these situations.

also when we paid for the new installation (which obviously didnt happen) we used my mums credit card, as they couldnt go ahead with the installation they refunded her the money but are saying that is the card they are taking the termination fee from...not my account from which i had been paying the subscription fee from. can they do this? as surely its not an authorised payment?

can anyone help please??

thanx

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: early termination fees