Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

non-Sky netgear router issues?

This is a discussion on non-Sky netgear router issues? within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi everyone, Can anyone help please? Ive been with sky a while and using there sagem router which has packed ...

mikefitzj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

non-Sky netgear router issues?

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help please? Ive been with sky a while and using there sagem router which has packed up, its displaying lights it shouldnt and the power one never comes on. Ive had all the usual rubbish from sky like plug it into the master socket bs and not much more so ive bought a netgear dg834g v3 off of ebay and plugged it in, reset it on the back tried to connect to the net and cant. Ive run the auto set up but it obviously doesnt find the right settings.

Is there anywhere i can download the settings or a set up disc from?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: non-Sky netgear router issues?

You will have to obtain the username and password from your Sky router and put these into your Netgear. Get them here - https://www.cm9.net/skypass/ Other details you require can be got from here - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...tions-faq.html

That being said if your Sky router is faulty, they should replace it. Call them up and tell them there are no lights on the router at all, refuse to do filter changes on the grounds that the router is dead, deceased, no longer functioning.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy reponse, Ive gone onto the generator web site and it doesnt seem to work. I may be doing something wrong.

I'm on the routers setup page, It tells me i have no ip address etc, ive been told to go to the basic settings page to get connected, is this where i need to input that username and password from the generator? Ive clicked all the get dynamically and get automatically icons but it will not connect.

Any help cheers

Mike

Thanks

Ive gone onto the generator web site and it doesnt seem to work. I may be doing something wrong.
      If you do it correctly your username will be the MAC code of your router followed by @skydsl, your password will be a random set of numbers letters and characters. You must have these exactly correct or you have no chance of connecting.

The easiest way to set up a Netgear is to start by using the Setup Wizard, then choose to enter the basic settings manually. The encapsulation method used is PPPoA, when you select this it should take you to the settings screen where you can enter the username etc... If you have made any changes, I would advise you to use the reset button on the rear to return it to factory defaults, then start again.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Right ive reset it gone to the setup wizard country done, auto detect on auto hit next and it comes up with pppoa login and password is this where i input the info from the generator?

Sorry to be thick but the last time i did this it was plug and play so i dont have a clue about it.

Thanks

That is where you put them in.

This is why Sky supply routers ready configured, it saves you all this hassle.

TomD

Useful Utilites