Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Communal dish problems

This is a discussion on Communal dish problems within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; My sky TV came up with a 'No signal received' message last week, during heavy rain. This still remains the ...

vit1989 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Communal dish problems

My sky TV came up with a 'No signal received' message last week, during heavy rain. This still remains the case. I've had sky TV about 3 weeks, so my box is in warrenty. The problem lies with the fact I live in a flat so I have a communal dish, the dish is owned by my management company and the box is in warrenty from the agents that sky passed me onto. As neither can tell what the problem is without sending out an engineer, none are willing to take responsibility without charging me if it is not their issue. Do I have any solutions or do I have to toss a coin and hope for the best?

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Communal dish problems

Do any of the other neighbours have issues, as they are all sharing the same dish and equipment if they don't then it may be local to you and your setup.

This would point more to your receiver or connections inside the flat but you cannot rule out 100% a fault on the headend equipment which will be supplying the signal to your flat.

Tor prove 100% it is not your receiver, youneed to take it to either a friends or neighbours and try it on their connections. If it works it is the dish/headend, if it doesn't it is your receiver/connection.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

well, no matter where the fault is, Sky cannot do anything about it without charging them for it.

The warranty for the receiver is not held by Sky, its held by whoever you bought it from. If its faulty, they have to replace it.

If its the dish, then its the satellite managment company who have to fix it, even if you are the only one in the building affected.

Do as the previous poster stated, test the box in another premises, if it works, its your dish, if not, its your box.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sorry I forgot to add I'm the only person in the building who currently has Sky, so I have no way of knowing where the problem is likley to be. I suppose I've just got to guess which is faulty then?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

You may be the only one with Sky but the other flats will have the points, if you have a friendly neighbour that doesn't mind you spending 10mins behind their TV that will do it.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I am a bit confused by this. If you have only had Sky in for 3 weeks it is up to the installer or Sky to ensure that it is working. It does not matter where the problem is. I think I would be telling them to fix it, or remove the faulty kit from your premises. I think you have 30 days to cancel.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

...So I ring up Sky again and this time they're more than happy to send an enginner round themselves!