Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DG834GT Configuration - Xbox Live

This is a discussion on DG834GT Configuration - Xbox Live within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi! I have stumbled across these forums via google and it seems a great source for all technical information. Basically ...

LLC2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

DG834GT Configuration - Xbox Live

Hi! I have stumbled across these forums via google and it seems a great source for all technical information.

Basically I have an issue with my Netgear set-up and I wondered if anyone could help.

At the moment I use my Sky Broadband connection for 2x Laptops, 1x iPod Touch and also my Xbox360.

While playing my Xbox360 online (xboxlive) it keeps saying I have a strict firewall and that my settings are moderate. This in-turn makes matchmaking painfully slow and will not allow me to connect to other gamers through Xbox Live.

After viewing several forums it seems I have a NAT issue and that I have to change my settings to OPEN so I can connect to other players via Xbox Live.
      I have tried to follow a couple of Youtube video guides but none of them seem to work.

I have logged on using admin/sky but I am not sure what to do next...Is someone able to advise me on how to open my NAT settings and make my gaming experience better. Thanks in advance!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: DG834GT Configuration - Xbox Live

Have a look at this thread, it contains all the info you need.-
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/gamin...xbox-live.html

It applies equally to the other routers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

LLC2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: DG834GT Configuration - Xbox Live

Hi - Thanks for the link - I followed the guide, changed all my router settings and it was working fine. Yes!

Around 45 mins later I unfortunately came across some issues:

After playing online for around 30 mins, the wife fired up the laptop and started to play a $24 competition on FullTilt poker. As soon as she had been dealt her first hand the connection became very laggy. As we reguarly do both at the same time (xbox + poker) I assumed it was an issue with the host, so, I finished the game and attempted to find a new one.

Unfortunately, while trying to find a new game it would not let me connect to any other players. I tried with several different games (Gears of War 2 / Saints Row / COD) but it seemed my xbox live connection had gone down even though when tested it seemed fine. During this time my partner also noticed she was constantly being disconnected and the reconnected every 2-3 mins from her FullTilt competition.

In an effort to get back online I reverted my router back to its old settings and attempted to find players - after around another 30 minutes of testing with games... no joy.

I then decided to change it back to the new settings and all of a sudden it started to find players. Unfrortunately, while playing the connection was again very laggy with noticeable glitches while running/shooting..etc.

During all this time (2 hours) my partner was still having connection issues with Fulltilt (dropping in and out). After a while my partner got knocked out of a comp (won $124) and instantly the connection then seemed to work. I played 2-3 more games and noticed no lag/glitches.

Prior to re-configuring my router to solve my NAT issue we we're both able to play at the same time (xbox + poker), but since then there is a real issue. Is there anyway I can re-configure my router to allow for FulllTilt poker to be used, or can I test it while both are running to see where the issue lies.

Thanks in advance.