Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

desparate for dummy help to set smtp address on outgoing mail

This is a discussion on desparate for dummy help to set smtp address on outgoing mail within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Please, please can some kind soul take pity.... after 5 ..yes 5 hours fruitless telphone contact with sky ! I ...

skirret is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01892
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

desparate for dummy help to set smtp address on outgoing mail

Please, please can some kind soul take pity.... after 5 ..yes 5 hours fruitless telphone contact with sky !

I need to use my own domain /e-mail address as a reply to : when sending. My incoming mail is hosted externally to sky.
      Have registered here and tried to enter smtp: mail.skyusermail.com but am unable to activate the necessary changes. I use Eudora and get
      error message:
      Contacting mail.skyusermail.com[77.240.11.49]
      Could not connect to mail.skyusermail.com Cause connection timed out[10060]
      When trying to Trying to configure MS Exchange 2003 I get a similar error :
      Could not connect to outgoing mail server SMTP
      Problem could be ssl or port setings. Verify port or ssl settings.

At this point I am out of my knowledge depth.

Help would be very gratefully received...In one month of a new sky package I
      Haven't yet been able to use my email and all I have received is the information that Customer service should contact me withing 5 working days:
      Thank you so much.....still have a little hair left that hasn't been torn out

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: desparate for dummy help to set smtp address on outgoing mail

I think you need something like the SkyUser SMTP account, look here-

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/skyus...p-account.html

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Yes, use the Sky User SMTP account. It's very simple, very easy to apply for and works very well. I'm fairly certain you can't do what you are trying to do with your Sky email account but you can if you use the Sky POP server for incoming mail and the Sky User SMTP for outgoing SMTP mail.

Thanks

Could not connect to mail.skyusermail.com Cause connection timed out[10060]
      I am not sure why you are using this address, the out going server should be pop.tools.sky.com and the outgoing SMTP.tools.sky.com. I actually use pop.googlemail.com and smtp.googlemail.com which bypasses the Sky server and seems to work well for me.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

Have registered here and tried to enter smtp: mail.skyusermail.com but am unable to activate the necessary changes.
      Registering here alone will not give you an email account. You have to apply for it. Isitme has posted how to apply
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!

skirret is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01892
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dms05 View Post
      Yes, use the Sky User SMTP account. It's very simple, very easy to apply for and works very well. I'm fairly certain you can't do what you are trying to do with your Sky email account but you can if you use the Sky POP server for incoming mail and the Sky User SMTP for outgoing SMTP mail.
      Hi again,

I have been through the registration procedure ,confirmation received ..I guess that also allows me to post here ? But unfortunately, even though a couple of days have passed, I still cannot connect my outgoing mail through the "mail.skyusermail.com" smtp server. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but Eudora now shows the reason being 553 we do not relay without RFC 2554 Authentication.

Can you possibly advise or assist please....Sky themselves are absolutely useless saying that they " do not support either Eudora or private domain/email addresses. " I can ,of course receive incoming mail but outgoing is limited to webmail.

Thanks for your continuing support.
      Regards

Thanks

I have been through the registration procedure ,confirmation received ..I guess that also allows me to post here ?
      Registering for a Skyuser SMTP account(see link above) and registering for the forum are 2 different things. You must do the latter to be able to apply for the former, but that is the only connection.

If you have applied for an SMPT account and have received confirmation that it is set up, use this forum to report your problem to the Forum Admin.-
      Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky! - Contact Us

TomD

Useful Utilites