Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Uk Online Problems

This is a discussion on Uk Online Problems within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Steve, why do you quote the links? you can just post them direct... UKOnline - No capacity for IPStreamers to ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Uk Online Problems

Steve, why do you quote the links? you can just post them direct...

UKOnline - No capacity for IPStreamers to connect :: UK Online :: think broadband

and it's still a BIG issue on the Connect network nationwide - lots of slowness/loss of IP and we currently can't TS anything...so don't bother calling...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

All of these i had excellent signal strength from my wifi.
      If you are using wireless to connect you are not likely to get your full speed. Try a speedtest with a wired connection to get a true reflection of your download speed.

Your Stats and Profile, which is just below he maximum, look not bad, I think your slow speed is down the network problems and the fact that you are using wireless. For the former you can only wait till it gets sorted out and for the later you may get an improvement by experimenting with the Router channels. Start at channel 13 and work your way down till you get the best reception. If you like you can download Inssider from the link below. This will show you the channels being used in your neighbourhood, choose one as far from those in use as possible.

Having a good signal strength is not everything, it is the quality of the signal that really matters. You can think about it like a speaker system. If you turn it up to full volume it may be loud, but the sound will be distorted you have to turn it down to find the best result. In the same way, a wireless signal may be coming through at full strength, but if the signal is distorted data has to be sent again, thus slowing the actual speed.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

BamJam2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hello,i have tried all your suggestions.I even went and bought another router and wireless card..pci instead of usb,probably a silly idea but im grasping at straws.Still getting between 0.2 and 0.6mbits all day and night.This is just shocking...if the other link about this being widespread and ipstream bandwidth(i am in dsl6 area) do they plan on just keeping it like this and these speeds are the best i will achieve? If so i might aswell fork out the charge to disconnect before the contract is up as im basically paying for a 8mbit service that is in reality 512k.

edited to add.I tried a wired modem zyxel p-600 series aswell and i get the same results.So i think i can rule out everything network related now and it's definetly my line.

BamJam2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Well im going to give them a phone tomorrow and ask if they can fix it.I'll give it a few days and if i have no luck im just going to cancel..quite a waste of money signing up to this service and the problems with it.Plusnet is throttled more but atleast it may give me enough speed to actually watch iplayer or youtube and it's unlimited.

Thanks for all your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12