Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SKY+ Viewing problems

This is a discussion on SKY+ Viewing problems within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi, Maybe an easy one to answer. Have a Thompson Sky+ Box, approx 5 yr old which has recently started ...

Peterandsarah is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

SKY+ Viewing problems

Hi,

Maybe an easy one to answer.
      Have a Thompson Sky+ Box, approx 5 yr old which has recently started to have viewing problems, however the last couple of days, we have had interupted and intimitant viewing. All channels say the usual, No sat Sig being received and notice that the on screen clock is exactly 1 hour behind. All channels don't work apart from the ITV channels, 1, 2, 3 & 4.

Tried the restore and wiping the hard drive. Worked for 5 or so minutes so I could catch up with Sky News about Mr Jackson Cardiac arrest, checked the signal in the services screen which looked good, then the system crashed and I can only view the ITV channels.

Does the box need replacing as I seem to have a pciture and the dish is a communal one and other residents have no viewing issues - pls help, baby sitting tomorrow and need the kids channels to keep them occupied!!

Thanks,
      Peter & Sarah

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: SKY+ Viewing problems

Given that its a communal dish and your neighbours are fine then I would say the problem is with your box.