Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

TalkTalk Broadband

This is a discussion on TalkTalk Broadband within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Anyone on here with TalkTalk? or could maybe tell me where i have gone wrong. Went to my brother house ...

davieboy1873 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Carluke
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

TalkTalk Broadband

Anyone on here with TalkTalk? or could maybe tell me where i have gone wrong.

Went to my brother house today with a wireless router for him so he could ditch his wired modem (get with the times n' all that).

Unplugged all his wired connection stuff. Connected the wireless router. Then proceeded to try and set it up. The only thing that i have changed is some of the settings of the wireless router.

anyhoo, after an hour or so on the phone to talk talk and failing to get the wireless router working, i gave up and reconnected all his original modem etc back to exactly how it has been for over a year.

Now he has no broadband at all. Talktalk technical say that their service is still active blah blah, but the adsl light on his moden will not illuminate. Checked all cables, replaced filters etc so its nothing there.

now, to me, they have either done something today when messing about with the wireless set up, or, my brothers modem has went **** up (bit of a coincedence with the timing though)

Am i missing something or have talktalk messed up without knowing it?

2. Advertisement
      Azasmith is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Harrowden
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: TalkTalk Broadband

Sounds like the Username and Password isn't set up correctly.

If it's all set up properly you should have the Talk Talk connect page on the computer when you try to connect to the Internet. If these are incorrect you won't be connected. But having said that the username and password are saved to the computer. (Should be anyway)

Likewise with trying to connect with an ADSL Router..