Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

accessing a VPN connection

This is a discussion on accessing a VPN connection within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I have recently got SKY Broadband and have a VPN connection to another location, it has been working since last ...

sammikkelsen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01625
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

accessing a VPN connection

I have recently got SKY Broadband and have a VPN connection to another location, it has been working since last week and only just stopped working, I have noticed all the posts pretty much saying it is impossible to access vpn's via SKY BB (Which is rubbish quite frankly), but why was it working before and not now, what could the reason be for that??

I am due to get a new BT line installed today and will probably get BT Broadband installed anyway on this new line, but I am a bit gutted as I was looking to save money by moving away from BT and now it looks like its going to end up costing me money...unless I just use SKY BB for gaming and home stuff like our MAC and general surfing the net watching TV online and then get the basic broadband package from BT for my business computer network?? Nightmare

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: accessing a VPN connection

If it worked before it should still be working. It's not impossible to access VPNs via Sky as I do it.