Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Home Networking

This is a discussion on Home Networking within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I'm pulling my hair out here. I've never had much patience with networking in the past. I've only ever really ...

fourforksache is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0115
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Home Networking

I'm pulling my hair out here. I've never had much patience with networking in the past. I've only ever really tried to link two computers to copy files over, i don't think i was even able to do that. BUT now i'm commited to getting a home network set up. I have a sky broadband mid package, a Netgear DG934G, a Vista desktop PC (wired to the router) and XP service pack 3 on my laptop (wireless). I also have a Xbox 360 (wired). Now with regards to my xbox, as soon as i switched it on my desktop and laptop would both recognise it and i have been able to set up media center extender between my desktop and xbox. So i can share music and video between them providing i am using the media center option on the xbox, if i try to play music or video by just selecting the Desktop through the xbox music/video tabs i can't connect to the Desktop????? I've tried sharing all the folders i want to share on both the computers but nothing shows in the sharing/public folders on the respective machines apart from what is already on THAT computer. I havn't had much luck trying to run the network wizard on my laptop either.

Any help at all would be appreciated, cheers!
      Last edited by fourforksache; 03-04-09 at 10:20 PM.

2. Advertisement