Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router problems

This is a discussion on Router problems within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi Basically my internet just stopped working all of a sudden last night, so I unplugged the router and plugged ...

d3moliti0n is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Router problems

Hi

Basically my internet just stopped working all of a sudden last night, so I unplugged the router and plugged it back in and ever since then the test light has just been flashing green and the LAN connection is green but says 'Limited or no connectivity'. I tried using the disc that came with the router to restore the factory settings but when I get to the second screen after the introduction and click next it comes up saying 'Reading error of the Ethernet interfaces'. The router is a black Sagem, I assume the F@ST 2400.

I contacted customer support and they couldn't help and so they said they thought the disc was faulty and would send me a new disc. In the end I basically had to use a friends computer to get a set of login details (because Sky don't seem to like you using a different router than the one they provided) to use on my old Netgear router which is working fine now. but every so often it will disconnect.

I have two questions:

1.Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with the Sky Sagem router? The Test LED flashes green non stop now and doesn't do anything. Is the router broke and do I need to ask Sky for a new one?

2. Howcome the Netgear router disconnects every so often with the Sky login details? Will this keep happening or is there any way to stop it?

Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by d3moliti0n; 11-01-09 at 02:47 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Router problems

Sounds like the sagem router may have a fault, post your router stats from the Netgear and let's see.

It could be a line fault and that the Sagem cannot hold sync where the Netgear can just, which would explain it dropping every now and then.

Have you tried plugging either router into the test socket, behind the master socket faceplate? do this and get the stats from there also.