Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Xbox live connection

This is a discussion on Xbox live connection within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can help me with trying to connect xbox live using Sky Broadband. Until ...

powelly77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01273
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Xbox live connection

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can help me with trying to connect xbox live using Sky Broadband. Until recently I have been able to connect to Xbox live, now i just keep being kicked out of Live whilst waiting to access games.

I have spoken to Xbox and they say I have to open certain ports, change the Mac address and wireless channel. I have a white netgear on channel 6, is it possible to access this information through these Netgear?

Has anyone else had this problem? I have spoken to Sky and they say Netgear do the advanced support and Netgear say the opposite, if anyone could give me some advice that would be great.

Thanks loads in advance,

A frustrated Xbox Live fan,

powelly77

p.s. technical matters are not my strong point so if you can keep it simple that would be great.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Xbox live connection

Have you tried with a wire, check it works with ethernet before doing anything else.