Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Praise where praise is due

This is a discussion on Praise where praise is due within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi Guys As a new comer to this forum, I would just like to say a big thanks, to all ...

siwilliams is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: pontypridd
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Praise where praise is due

Hi Guys

As a new comer to this forum, I would just like to say a big thanks, to all concerned in cracking the seemingly impossible SKY strangle hold on the routers they supply. I live in a converted chapel and found the Netgear modem supplied by SKY to be totally inadequate to send a signal from one side of the place to the other. Having purchased a Netgear DG834N found that sky would not help in the set up. They also insisted I return to using the original modem. Even after several failed attempts to get across to them, it was not adequate for the building. Anyway enough about the unhelpful help desk SKY provide, after a reading a few threads on this site my hope had returned. I soon had the username and password lifted from the old router, and installed on the new DG834N. Hey presto I now have a cracking signal all around the property and even in the garden. I found the advice and numerous explanations in the threads written on the subject to be extremely helpful and to the point.

So Once again a huge thanks to all.

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Praise where praise is due

I am pleased that you found this forum of use to you. Obviously you will appreciate that in the terms and conditions supplied to you from Sky concerning the router useing another one is a big no . You could also be kicked off the network, though i dont know if anyone has as yet ( i could be wrong) . You could also miss out on vital updates by not having the router plugged in.

siwilliams is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: pontypridd
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Praise where praise is due

Hi Postman pat

Thanks for the advice, I was not aware SKY sent updates to the router. Its a shame they cant send an update to cure the issues I had with their router. However the new router is doing a fine job, and for the first time since I have been with SKY it is actually doing what I want it to do. I can now connect to the net in my living room and not just the office, which was the reason for going wireless in the first place. So for now happy days!