Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Belkin Router connection/configuration

This is a discussion on Belkin Router connection/configuration within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; My original Sky BB Netgear router (the white one) died well over 2 weeks ago after only 18 months in ...

soulful_C is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Belkin Router connection/configuration

My original Sky BB Netgear router (the white one) died well over 2 weeks ago after only 18 months in play. Put a call in got a new one ordered told it would be 5 working days. Put another call in, because I'm out of warranty this is gonna take up to 14 working days. Its now 16 days and I'm still waiting.

Desperate for the internet I now have a Belkin router, I have obtained my ADSL user name and p/w and tried to connect last night. It looks as though I'm connected, the network connections icon tells me I am and I seem to sending and recieving packets. I could very well be down to me or something I have or haven't put into the configuration or not carried something out. I have attached screen shots of all the relevant screens, please could someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks in advance
      Attached Files Attached Files

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Belkin Router connection/configuration

Its a minimum of 10 days for a out of warranty replacements but can take longer, the only way to know what is going on is to call back and ask where your router is, if there is an issue with the depatch it will then be escalated.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi PaulSky, I've already called back several times. First all I was given was the number for Parcel force. After wasting my time with a an automated service that wanted a tracking number which Sky could not give, I escalated to a Manager who told me she could nothing for me except order another router. After 30 mins on the phone and intense questioning from me eventually she told me the best she could was to email somebody she had never met before and did not know his job title to try and move things along but this was no gaurentee. In short very poor service provision with no back up for this type of eventuality. There are certain things I can accept from a large org such as Sky but there are a lot of things lacking in their support.

I have been overseas for a while and now I'm back I am relying on the internet for email, looking for a full time job and keeping on top of my finances. Right now I cannot afford to be without the internet for 15 minutes let alone 15 working days (and counting) Using the net the way I am now is considerably inconvenient.

Can you offere any advice on my current config issue?

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

You are not getting a WAN IP address so presumably the username and password are incorrect. Is 00FF0AF702F5 definitely the MAC printed on the bottom of your sky router?

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

That could be the problem. The MAC address I used was the one I obtained from an ipconfig/all - getmac command.... Stupid question but; presumably this won't match whats on the sky router?

Thanks

No that will be the MAC for your adapter. You need to use the MAC from the bottom of your sky router. What is wrong with the sky router?

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok, thanks. I'll get this and generate another username and p/w. Will the site let me do this? Other than that am I using the correct config options?

My has no power. Working fine one minute. Next minute all the lights went out except 1 green indicator for the ethernet cable. Checked the power adaptor, unplugged and left for a while to let it cool down. Called Sky they checked, opertaor said that she had seen it happen before although seems quite rare and ordered a new one for me.

Thanks

Yes the generator allows 3 per IP address in any 24 hours I believe. The settings you have should work but your sync is very low for your attenuation so I would check your filters etc.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry, but could explain that last part to me. What does this mean? when connected I have had connection speed and d/l speed issues intermittently, does this have something to do with it?

Thanks

With an attenuation of 15.5 you should be syncing at 8 meg on MID with a heathly noise margin. You are not so this would point to problems at your end with the cabling.

See the Cabling and faceplate help for advice, but basically make sure every thing plugged into your phone sockets is filtered and try not to use extension cables for the router.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast