Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Netgear WGT624 V3 Router and email

This is a discussion on Netgear WGT624 V3 Router and email within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Have used the '624' for a few years ... works fine. Other BB threads say the 'logs' most routers generate ...

tpg
      tpg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 001
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Netgear WGT624 V3 Router and email

Have used the '624' for a few years ... works fine. Other BB threads say the 'logs' most routers generate are 'trash', but that notwithstanding, I'd like to see them via email ... but the email does not seem to work ... and that's not surprising as my mail account is GMAIL and GMAIL is 'picky' about it's authentication and port usage ... so just inputting SMTP:GMAIL.COM as my mail server and loading my email address doesn't work (no surprise). Anyone figured out either a) how to make it work or b) found an open email server I could use that it WOULD work with?

thanks

tpg

ps: attached my network layout if interested so you can see the topology. I use a dial-up (don't ask !!) and convert that into 100-Base-T via an ActionTec modem.

pss: my apologies if this thread doesn't belong here ... I posted this on Netgear's forum and a user there (Fihart ... a Sr. Member) suggested this forum.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Netgear WGT624 V3 Router and email-my-network.jpg  

2. Advertisement