Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sagem Router/Firmware reinstall

This is a discussion on Sagem Router/Firmware reinstall within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Your hard work M8. 1) Not moving to a new provider. 2) As explained above. 3) Not bored, router working ...

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Router/Firmware reinstall

Your hard work M8.

1) Not moving to a new provider.
      2) As explained above.
      3) Not bored, router working fine as it should be and not LOCKED TO ONE PROVIDER.

If the router does go **** up, I've 6 here from Sky to play with anyway.

Does that answer your questions.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      Are you moving to a new provider, if so, why do you want to put the original firmware back in

Are you really that bored, nothing better to do on a bank holiday but break a perfectly working router?
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

No not really

I could understand if you had moved to a new provider why you would want to mess with the firmware, that makes sense.

As your not, the only reason I can see is if your going to either sell or give the router to someone else. As you have plenty of spares why not (except that they may need to be returned one day).

Still each to their own, maybe it's me who's bored

As for me being "hard work", it's you who TKO'ed the router and came here looking for a soloution.
      Last edited by Smithy99; 25-08-08 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks

Ok have a nice bank holiday getting bored.

Regards
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

skytzo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Realist, thanks so much for the screenshots. It actually turned out my username/password was wrong from the generator but I regenerated them at in worked fine

Smithy, that's a bit harsh - it's best not to criticise someone for spending a few minutes of their bank holiday on a computer task, when you reveal by saying so that you are in fact spending your bank holiday browsing Internet forums. To answer your question, my router failed (port forwarding stopped working) leaving me without some essential services such as VoIP and more, and my hope was that flashing a different firmware would resolve this urgent problem. I hope that satisfies your criteria. *sigh*

Every day is a bank holiday to me though so I tend to ignore them
      Thanks!

Sky-tzo

Recommended:
      * http://search.superhighstreet.com - Finds anything or they pay!
      * http://www.superhighstreet.com & http://www.oxfordstreet.com - Beat the crowds with Virtual Streetscapes

Thanks

Glad the screenshots helped and hopefully they will help others.

Regards

asses.for.the.masses is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
      Ok after a search here I found how to sort the problem out but now I've installed the original Sagem firmware I cannot enter my username or password.

Any ideas?
      Edited

Hi. I am in the exact same quandary as yourself. I used the same suspect firmware and have bricked the router. I am interested in getting it back into working order, even if it won't work with Sky.

Can you tell me how you managed to revive the router? My router displays the same behaviour as yours, i.e., on power up, the lights flash for a second or so, then they all go dead. If I connect an Ethernet cable into one of the wired ports, that port lights up, but I cannot ping 192.168.0.1.

Many thanks.

asses.for.the.masses is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I am considering the following method, which I have just sussed out. It is as yet completely untested so I will let you know how I get on.

1. Connect the router to a PC via Ethernet Port 4, while powered down.
      2. Set up the NIC on the PC to 192.168.0.x, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.0.1.
      3. Run the ping command on the PC, setting it to ping 192.168.0.1 continuously with a very low time period, such as 2 milliseconds.
      4. Power up the router.
      5. Send in the new firmware via TFTP-ing it via the Windows command "tftp -i 192.168.0.1 PUT <firmware>" here <firmware> is the name of the binary file on the PC containing the firmware to be put on.

According to my research, this method works for some other routers. I don't know yet if this method works for the Sagem F@st 2504. Will post updates.

BTW, I don't think I have my Sky installation disk handy, so if someone has one, I would be obliged if they'd send me the firmware image file. Many thanks.

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

asses.for.the.masses:

Don't know if this will be useful but after flashing the sagem it leaves it in a "raw" state and it needs its basic configuration setup.

The following is a quote from a post (probably by James) that I saved in case I ever needed to flash a sagem.

You'll need to assign a IP address of 192.168.1.2 to your PC's network interface. Then start up your preferred web browser and browse to http://192.168.1.1/. You'll see a rather sparse-looking web page. You need to type in the router's MAC address to that page (the MAC address is printed on the label on the underside of the router) and then click on the button next to the MAC address entry field, then click on the button at the bottom of the screen. (I'm sorry, I can't remember what the names on the buttons are).

That should restart the router, and once it's back up and running, you should be able to access the configuration pages. Note that the default address of the router is 192.168.1.1 so you need to access the router's configuration pages by going to http://192.168.1.1/ and NOT http://192.168.0.1/, although you can change that if you like. You can also put your PC's network interface back to the "automatic" settings.
      Hope it helps!

dhruvkataria is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02476
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

From where can I get the latest firmware for my Sagem Router.

cajones is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
      Hi all,

I have a Sagem router and accidently flashed it with the wrong firmware, now the router just does nowt only the port light flashes.

Im not able to gain an IP from the router, access the panel or do anything with it.

Does anyone know how I can upload a new firmware so I can get it going again?

Regards.
      Sorry to go all the way back to your original issue but I seem to have the same problem but dispite searching can't find a solution. I can't access my router at all, no ip no nothing. Is there anything I can do sort this out?

Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)