Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Urgent Help Needed, Bricked My D834gt V1

This is a discussion on Urgent Help Needed, Bricked My D834gt V1 within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I have just logged in with the router I flashed and a speedtest gave me 7097. This is the first ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Urgent Help Needed, Bricked My D834gt V1

I have just logged in with the router I flashed and a speedtest gave me 7097. This is the first time I have ever 'cracked' the 7000, usually I hover around 6800-6900, so I assume that this must be down to the different firmware, although I did not expect it to make any difference to the speed. I am using the 'old' Netgear Version 1.02.09., A2pB022c.d20e.

At least I know I have a good back up, if the Sky one ever fails.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      hellfire18 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: GARFORTH
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Isitme, without sounding rude - just curious - why are you using 1.02.09 firmware when 1.02.14 is out? Is it because the appears to be the final release from the DGTeam - I just can't see why you'd want to use an out of date firmware when you can now easily upgrade the Router?

Chris.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Thats OK, but you probably are not aware that I have been trying to flash this router for nearly a year. It is not my Sky router, it is one I bought at a car boot sale for a fiver. The previous owner had tried to flash it and thought it was knackered, but I thought it was worth the risk for a few quid.

I may upgrade the firmware at some point, but my main purpose was to get it running. I use the standard Sky router with the Sky firmware and it has given me absolutely no problems. As I said, this one is just for a backup in case my one dies. They take about a week to replace and I would be up the wall being offline that long. I can now put my present back up, an ST330 Frog, into honourable retirement. I have only used it once, when the original router I received went to an early grave.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

hellfire18 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: GARFORTH
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well I can safely say mine is now 100% working exactly how it should

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123