Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky router user name and password

This is a discussion on Sky router user name and password within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi all Just a query and sorry for starting a new thread on this topic but this is new for ...

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Sky router user name and password

Hi all

Just a query and sorry for starting a new thread on this topic but this is new for me unless I have missed something.

just to reiterate quickly on previous posts of mine. I have not been using the Sky router for various reasons since I have been with Sky but in view of the impending new firmware upgrade I decided last night to set it up and use it. I had revised my Sky router with netgear's software but a couple of weeks ago I put the Sky software back on. I am using revision 1.02.28 according to my router and I got that from one of the members on this forum.

Anyway on checking in the dark blue column that lists all the services on the left hand side of the router configuraion pages I find I have an entry labelled "Extras" its the last entry under UPnP. in there I have "Get ADSL Credentials" and if I look there I have my Sky user name and password listed.

Now my question is. Am I using Sky's official firmware? Because originally Sky's firmware did not list your user name and password under any headings. If I am not uing a Sky official firmware will my router accept any new firmware that Sky eventually deem to impose on us using this version of firmware that is on my router.

Thanks for any info and sorry again if this is in the wrong place.

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky router user name and password

Quote Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
      Thanks for any info and sorry again if this is in the wrong place.
      Moved

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
      Now my question is. Am I using Sky's official firmware? Because originally Sky's firmware did not list your user name and password under any headings. If I am not uing a Sky official firmware will my router accept any new firmware that Sky eventually deem to impose on us using this version of firmware that is on my router.
      You're using one of my "community update" releases. The router's version number will show as something like V1.02.28 (CU2.04). When Sky finally make their new firmware available, the router will download it and install it.

If you want put the original version of the firmware on to the router, you can find the appropriate flash image file on the CD which came with the router. It's in the Utilities\DG834 Recovery Utility folder on the CD, but you don't actually need to use the Recovery Utility to put the official firmware onto the router, it can be done more easily and more safely by using the Router Upgrade link in the router's configuration pages.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Yeah thanks James. It is one of yours LOL.

I did think it would be okay because I had the conversation with you a week or so ago about it being okay. I just didn't expect to see my user name and password actually displayed there after all the work you and others have done to crack these routers. I thought that only appeared after a load of convoluted extractions and readings of notepad pages etc. Mybe I should actually read your posts fully.

I cant get the software of my CD because Sky never sent me one but to be honest it dosen't matter as long as your version will accept the new Sky Firmware.

Thanks for the reply James and thanks for moving this post to the correct place Richone54.

Maybe I hould rea