Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

netgear router

This is a discussion on netgear router within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; hi just abit info,new to sky can i use my old router on sky its is a netgear DG834GT cheers ...

lasthope is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

netgear router

hi just abit info,new to sky can i use my old router on sky its is a netgear DG834GT cheers davy

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: netgear router

Well, there is a way to do it, but you'd be breaking Sky's Terms and Conditions by not using the router they supplied to you.

Is there some specific problem you have with the Sky router? Or perhaps there's a particular feature that the Sky router doesn't have?

There's many people here on this forum who are more than happy to help if there is an issue, and it's always better to see if your problem with the Sky router can be resolved, rather than using non-Sky router. If you use a non-Sky router, you run the risk of Sky booting you off their service if they find out.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well not a prob as such,just trying to set kids net up,useing the usb stick that come with me old router,having bit prob trying it seems to keep turning it self off every few secs,mate coming over later to have ago,

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Some wireless adaptors seem to exhibit that kind of behaviour when the wireless security hasn't been set up correctly.. Make sure your wireless adaptor (the USB stick) has been set up to use WPA security, with the network key (password) as printed on the base of the Sky router.

Note that the network key is exactly 8 capital letters. If you think you've got a zero in there, then it's actually a capital letter "oh", likewise if you've got a one, then it's actually a capital letter "eye". Oh and you do have to enter them as capital letters.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i all working ok running 2 pc and one laptop,had to reset router and some mac codes all above me head but mate got the in the end,