Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Installing VOIP phones

This is a discussion on Installing VOIP phones within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I have just installed Sky. Previously I was with Orange and used a voip phone. It installed with Orange without ...

HANNAH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Installing VOIP phones

I have just installed Sky. Previously I was with Orange and used a voip phone. It installed with Orange without any problem but it won't register with the sip operater using the sagem router and Sky. Orange didn't have LLU. Has anyone any ideas why it won't connect?

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Installing VOIP phones

Could be a Firewall issue. Either the Routers own internal firewall or your own software firewall.

HANNAH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have turned off thr firewall on the computer which is Norton. How do I turn off the routrers firewall?

RalphJohnsUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ferndown Dorset
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

I am not sure I have an answer but I do have a question that may lead in the right direction

Do Sky allow SIP connections ?
      I use Apple's iChat and in the Panther and Tiger version of their OS, iChat ver 2 & Ver3 uses/used SIP on ports 5060-5063 to make SIP invites to other iChat Users.

This changes in Leopard (OS 10.5.x) where the SIP invite is now on port 16042.

All these are on the UDP Protocol.

As VoIP phones use SIP and therefore most likely the ortiginal 5060-5063 ports- are they available through Sky ?
      Last edited by RalphJohnsUK; 05-02-08 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Spelling check. (blow the grammer)

skytzo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Did you manage to find a resolution to this? I have the exact same problem, with some twists that might help:

* A hard reset of the router returns X-Lite to a working state and X-Lite will always connect fine through port 5060.
      * If I however try to connect from my Nokia Eseries VoIP phone, it throws the router into a non-functional state as far as VoIP is concerned. X-Lite will then never connect again.
      * Another hard reboot and X-Lite works fine, until I try to connect from the Nokia.
      * I have tried WEP as suggested instead of WPA but it makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
      You need to circumvent the proxy function by using another port for SIP. You need an SIP registrar listening on that port too. And last but not least you have to open a whole port range for RTP, because the router wouldn't be able to figure out anymore, which specific ports are negotiated for RTP.
      My SIP provider (Voipfone) does work on other ports when I tried with a Linksys router, e.g. 5075, but not via Sky. Can you please advise exact how to perform the RTP port opening you mentioned above so as to allow VoIP through my SIP device via the Sky router on port 5075?

Was there ever a resolution to this?
      Thanks!

Sky-tzo

Recommended:
      * http://search.superhighstreet.com - Finds anything or they pay!
      * http://www.superhighstreet.com & http://www.oxfordstreet.com - Beat the crowds with Virtual Streetscapes