Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is it possible

This is a discussion on Is it possible within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I am nolonger a sky customer mainly because ive emigrated. But when i was with sky i never used the ...

toonraider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bulgaria
      Broadband ISP: Bulgarian telnet
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Is it possible

I am nolonger a sky customer mainly because ive emigrated. But when i was with sky i never used the netgear DG835GT as i was happy with my bt voyager what i bought ages ago it worked fine after i got the sky username/password. But now my voyager is giving up the ghost and was wondering could i change anything on the netgear to take it back to netgear standard and not the sky standard. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
      Last edited by toonraider; 21-12-07 at 01:24 AM.

2. Advertisement
      moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Is it possible

Yes you can flash it back to the netgear firmware. First download the .img file from Here. Put the router into a force upload state (Power and Check light blink alternatingly) by powering on with the reset button held in. Then follow These Instructions. Note that some people have problems with certain combinations of chipset/NIC hardware. Also if using Vista run the utility in XP compatability mode.

With any luck you should get on alright, if not you can always use the router as a door stop.

toonraider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bulgaria
      Broadband ISP: Bulgarian telnet
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Moleman

Thanks for taking the time to help but for some reason it wont flash back it keeps saying wrong version. But thanks anyway.

eyemdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMNSFI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toonraider View Post
      Hi Moleman

Thanks for taking the time to help but for some reason it wont flash back it keeps saying wrong version. But thanks anyway.
      You normally get the "Wrong type or version" message if you select "Router Upgrade" from the Router's "Maintenance" Menu. This will NOT work.

You have to follow the instructions in Moleman's post and use the Netgear recovery utility, putting the router into "force upload" mode with the Power and Tick LEDS's flashing alternately. This is the ONLY way to flash a Sky V1 router back to Netgear standard firmware.