Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sending emails from my domain

This is a discussion on Sending emails from my domain within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Having looked into this further, it doesn't seem like google mail is the answer for me. Across all my domains ...

Mattallen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01227
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sending emails from my domain

Having looked into this further, it doesn't seem like google mail is the answer for me. Across all my domains I give a different email address to each company I deal with, e.g yourcompany@mydomain.com. This helps me track my emails and also prevent spam (or at least I know where it originates). I then send email using that same system. To set up my 'from' address in Outlook takes seconds, with google this would become quite tedious. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a simple step to send email of any 'from' address straight through smtp.tools.sky.com - without an error (even if I authenticate with my sky login). Thanks for the suggestions, though.

2. Advertisement
      allen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Midlands
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I agree googlemail isn't a realistic option - so what you need is a third party email provider who will offer you a domain from which you can allocate "n" prefixes in the form name@domain.com. I've only come across these as part of an ISP offer (eg Wanadoo as was) which doesn't help. Lets hope someone else can come up with some ideas.

Good luck

Philmike is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01784
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have over 30 domains hosted with 1&1 and use Outlook to send and receive emails from the different accounts.

With 1&1 they supply (like most hosting services) mail boxes for each e-mail account. I just use these and have setup Outlook to send and receive though them. I do not use the Sky servers at all, I do not even have a Sky e-mail address or have any of their software on my PC. Just use Sky as a way to connect to the internet.

Hope that helps,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12