Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky (Netgear) routers and their foibles

This is a discussion on Sky (Netgear) routers and their foibles within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Thanks for all the comments. Just to clarify one point, I have not yet signed anything with Sky, merely placed ...

alpenator is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01283
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky (Netgear) routers and their foibles

Thanks for all the comments.
      Just to clarify one point, I have not yet signed anything with Sky, merely placed the order.
      I fully intend using the router providd by Sky, my query was hypothetical.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

You do not actually have to sign anything. When you are placing your order you would be asked to tick a box to indicate that you had read the Terms and Conditions, that is all that is legally required. Unfortunately many just tick the box as a matter of course, without even looking at the T & Cs. This applies to everything you agree to online, not just Sky.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Frizbehitman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi

I have read through this thread and it seems the right place to ask for help.

I have recently tried to connect my ITouch to a program called Intelliremote. The connection is made using Bonjour through port 5353. However, after much tweaking I can not get a connection.

I have had a long forum chat at Melloware Forums • View topic - Another connection problem.

It seems that my Netgear (actually not sure which model it is) is not allowing inter-LAN traffic. I cant find anywhere to set the RIP (Routing Information Protocol) type or anything that allows me to customise the Interior Gateway Protocol.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Can you confirm that you have actually connected your Itouch to the router?

There is no question of inter LAN traffic being 'locked down' on the router. If it were no one would be able to set up a Home Network, which many do.

The RIP settings, as they are, can be found in the LAN IP settings in the router settings. You can select In/out, both and RIP-1, RIP-2B and 2M.

I don't quite get what you are trying to do, as I understand it, the Intelliremote software allows you to use a remote to control your PCs. Are you intending to use your iTouch as a remote?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

mdstone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Anyone wanting to use their own router should consider using the MAC address clone or spoof option so that you specify your old Sky router's MAC address (this is usually shown on the back). This way Sky will be fooled into thinking that it is their own router being used to access their network and they will not cut you off.

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^^^
      All Sky have to do is send a message to the router saying 'are you ready to be updated'. When there is no reply, they will know instantly that a non-Sky router is in use.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12