Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Upgrading firmware

This is a discussion on Upgrading firmware within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi there Just wanting to upgrade my sky router's firmware but it wont let me. I have v.1.01.28 and downloaded ...

danny8oy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Upgrading firmware

Hi there
      Just wanting to upgrade my sky router's firmware but it wont let me. I have v.1.01.28 and downloaded version 1.02.04. When i go to upload the file through the routers interface it says "wait a few minutes" then comes back and says that this version is incompatible with this model? Now im wondering why it wont let me plus im wondering if there is any point and wilkl there be any improvement in the routers performance.
      regards, Dan

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Upgrading firmware

The Sky firmware is not a standard Netgear version. See Tutorials here on extracting the concealed Sky user name and password code which is a must before reflashing the router as a standard Netgear model.

Not for the fainthearted -- and (I think) there's no guarantee of any performance gains.