Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Getting my new belkin n1 wireless router to work.

This is a discussion on Getting my new belkin n1 wireless router to work. within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi I just bought a new router to replace the netgear one we got with sky due to the poor ...

a_d
      a_d is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Getting my new belkin n1 wireless router to work.

Hi I just bought a new router to replace the netgear one we got with sky due to the poor signal stregth and constantly loosing cdonnection. However I'm trying to configure my router and it asked me certain questions like is the line encapsulated and weather llc or some other type i'll list up later. I assume that we use admin and sky as user name and pass word to connect onto the sky broadband with any router.

the problem i get is that it get to the last phase of installation on the belkin and it just won't connect to the internet. This is the adsl model.

I know this is very vague as the installation set up doesn't require much input besides vci and pci number whihc are 38 and 0, also password and username obviously. It asks for these as skyis not a pre set up ISP. All other big companies like bt are there etc. It asks wether its access on demand which it sky isn't. That it.

any help youi guys can give would be great
      Last edited by a_d; 20-04-07 at 08:41 AM.

2. Advertisement
      philbridges is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02380
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Getting my new belkin n1 wireless router to work.

Sounds as if you are typing in the wrong username and password, you'll need to find out your Sky broadband username and password rateher than the router username and password.
      Last edited by philbridges; 20-04-07 at 06:33 PM.

a_d
      a_d is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi phil i followed your instruction and withdrew the adsl username and password from my netgear router and still di dnot connect. The belkin n1 is a router/ modem so was wondering if that had anything to do with it. As i'm assuming the adsl password is to access the line and each account might have seperate username and password.

Hughjarse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a_d View Post
      Hi phil i followed your instruction and withdrew the adsl username and password from my netgear router and still di dnot connect. The belkin n1 is a router/ modem so was wondering if that had anything to do with it. As i'm assuming the adsl password is to access the line and each account might have seperate username and password.

Im a little confused at this - I one of these routers and they just work!

Are you sure you have the correct username and password? There is only one of each!
      My Bot Aint that big