Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky firmware

This is a discussion on Sky firmware within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I reflashed my router with a netgear firmware some months ago. I've had a rock solid connection for months wihtout ...

gillious is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sittingbourne
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky firmware

I reflashed my router with a netgear firmware some months ago. I've had a rock solid connection for months wihtout any issues.

For the past 20hrs + i've been stuck looking at LCP is allowed to come up, but with no connection/i.p given.

I'm about to call sky as I think I may have a stale connection at exchange or something along those lines, the only problem is I'll need to orginal sky firmware back on the router so when they ask me questions i'm looking at what I should be.

I never did get a sky cd with my router so could someone please send/upload or post me a link to original sky firmware on your sky CD.

Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky firmware

Moved to Asking for Help

The CD came in the box that the router came in. Are you saying that it wasn't in there? If so, call Sky and ask them to send you a new one.
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.

Member5066 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gillious View Post
      I reflashed my router with a netgear firmware some months ago. I've had a rock solid connection for months wihtout any issues.

For the past 20hrs + i've been stuck looking at LCP is allowed to come up, but with no connection/i.p given.

I'm about to call sky as I think I may have a stale connection at exchange or something along those lines, the only problem is I'll need to orginal sky firmware back on the router so when they ask me questions i'm looking at what I should be.

I never did get a sky cd with my router so could someone please send/upload or post me a link to original sky firmware on your sky CD.

Many thanks

I had the same issue called Sky who asked what was the router saying? and I had to bluff it as it was on new firmware and no sky test! (telling them the exact problem from the logs was far to technical for them ! So the service came back and I canceled my 5 day call back from tier 3 , anyway the issue is I have the CD WITH the firmware on it but it wont flash back to Skys firmware, tried 3 PCs Running Vista XP 2000 and no joy it says invalid file - I also tried the wizard supplied on the CD and on netgears site still no joy so whilst I has no problems at present I would like the old firmware back on in case I do. Any ideas why it wont flash back? anyone? Next step is to report the router dead and get another LOL.
      Last edited by Member5066; 13-04-07 at 10:36 AM.

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You can Download the original sky firmware here: http://www.myprivateserver.co.uk/public/

Use guest as the username and password!

Simply power down the router, hold in the reset button, re-connect power supply, once the power led and tick led are flashing alternatly let go of the reset button. You are now ready to re-flash the router with the sky firmware, simple unzip the contents of of the file named Sky_DG834T_Firmware_Recovery.zip which you downloaded from the above link to your desktop, now open the folder Sky DG834T Firmware Recovery which should be located on your desktop if you followed my instructions and run RmDrv.exe by clicking on it, now press a key as instructed in the DOS box it will then close the application, finally run UpgradeWizard.exe and follow the on-screen instructions!

You have now re-installed the sky firmware back on to your router!
      Last edited by acoolwelshbloke; 18-04-07 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Bad spelling LOL

Member5066 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acoolwelshbloke View Post
      You can Download the original sky firmware here: http://www.myprivateserver.co.uk/sky/

Use sky as the username and password!

Simply power down the router, hold in the reset button, re-connect power supply, once the power led and tick led are flashing alternatly let go of the reset button. You are now ready to re-flash the router with the sky firmware, simple unzip the contents of of the file named Sky_DG834T_Firmware_Recovery.zip which you downloaded from the above link to your desktop, now open the folder Sky DG834T Firmware Recovery which should be located on your desktop if you followed my instructions and run RmDrv.exe by clicking on it, now press a key as instructed in the DOS box it will then close the application, finally run UpgradeWizard.exe and follow the on-screen instructions!

You have now re-installed the sky firmware back on to your router!
      Thanks for the info looks like I forgot the bit "power down the router, hold in the reset button, re-connect power supply" all sorted now.

PW1974 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Have the guest/password details changed as I cannot get access to download original firmware . Need to restore Sky's firmware to progress service call.

Many thanks,

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You can download sky's original firmware from here:

public.myprivateserver.co.uk
      Last edited by acoolwelshbloke; 08-08-07 at 08:43 PM.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PW1974 View Post
      Have the guest/password details changed as I cannot get access to download original firmware . Need to restore Sky's firmware to progress service call.

Many thanks,

Have you not got your CD that came with the router?
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Get the firmware from digital spy as they removed link from here, or just call sky and tell them your router is dead and get them to send you a new one at their expense!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by acoolwelshbloke View Post
      Get the firmware from digital spy as they removed link from here, or just call sky and tell them your router is dead and get them to send you a new one at their expense!
      We only removed it as your link was asking for a username and password, edit your post and we will allow it
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast