Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Replacement Router Will Not Connect

This is a discussion on Replacement Router Will Not Connect within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; My first router simply gave up the ghost - no power or internet light and after almost two weeks waiting ...

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Replacement Router Will Not Connect

My first router simply gave up the ghost - no power or internet light and after almost two weeks waiting and a few phone calls I have finally received a replacement router but cannot get it to connect. (Why do they promise delivery within 3-5 days and then NOT EVEN ORDER ONE!!!!!)

New router Sky Test shows Error Code 200 - Although all lights are lit as they should be and I can communicate with the router - it will not recognise the internet connection.

Anybody else had this scenario?

Luckily I extraced my user/password details from my first router and have been able to remain connected using an old Alcatel Frog modem.

I have extracted my user/password details from the replacement router but these will not work on the Alcatel modem - just gives Error 691 - username/password invalid on this domain.

Can I simply put old router user/password details into new router? and how do I do it if i can?

Anybody got any ideas as i am so NOT looking forward to wasting my time yet again attempting to communicate with someone in bloody India who is both technically incompetent and cannot even speak or understand basic English.

2. Advertisement
      kevlong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Replacement Router Will Not Connect

I think you are right, if your old userid and password still works?
      You might extract and save away your new one just in case though?

Kevlong

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Replacement Router Will Not Connect - Now Resolved

Now Resolved.

Looks like there was a delay in Sky validating the new replacement router username/password onto their system (something you would think would be done immediately the router was allocated and before delivery to the customer - or is that just too simple?).

All working fine this morning.

They could save themselves so much hassle and bad publicity if they could just manage to do the simple stuff correctly and on time and get rid of the unbelievably bad call centre in India or wherever!

mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Replacement Router Will Not Connect

In case anyone else stumbles across this thread, the lesson is that when a replacement router arrives, Error 200 (an authentication error) happens sometimes. It is because the ADSL user name and password for that router haven't yet been set up on their system. If you wait, it usually resolves itself, but a call to Sky can (indeed should, but sometimes doesn't) get it fixed a little faster.

As for using the original ADSL user name and password, yes, that will also work.
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.