How do I set up email accounts in Outlook Express?
If you prefer to use Outlook Express follow the instructions below to set up your email programme to send and receive mails from your Sky account.
Before you start setting up an email account, you will need to enable POP in your MySky Account
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Click the Tools menu, and select Email Accounts....
3. Click Add and then click Mail...
4. Enter your name in the Display name: field and click Next.
5. Enter your full Sky Email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Email address: field and click Next.
6. Enter the following information in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server: field:
POP3 - pop.tools.sky.com
IMAP - imap.tools.sky.com
7. Enter 'smtp.tools.sky.com' in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field.
8. Click Next.
9. Enter your Sky Email username (including '@sky.com') in the Account name: field.
10. Enter your Sky Email password in the Password: field and click Next.
11. Click Finish.
12. Highlight pop.tools.sky.com or imap.tools.sky.com under Account and click Properties.
13. Click the Advanced tab.
14. Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), tick the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
15. Enter '465' in the Outgoing mail (SMTP): field.
16. Under Incoming mail (POP3 / IMAP), tick the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
This port should change to either 995 for POP3 or 993 for IMAP.
17. Click the Servers tab and tick the box next to My server requires authentication.
18. Click OK.