Configure POP3 / IMAP with Apple Mail 3 Leopard
How to configure POP3 / IMAP with Apple Mail 3 Leopard
Configure your email program:
1. Open Apple Mail.
2. From the menu bar click Mail and then Preferences.
3. Click the Accounts button and click the plus sign (+) along the bottom to add a new account.
4. Fill out the following details on the Add Account screen:
– Full Name
– Your Sky Email address
Click Continue then follow this process:
1. Select the correct Account type, either POP or IMAP.
2. Add the description for this server if requested.
3. For Incoming Mail Server, put pop.tools.sky.com for POP3 or imap.tools.sky.com for IMAP.
4. Enter your User Name (your full email address).
5. Enter your Password.
6. Click Continue and your details will be checked.
Enter the details for the Outgoing Mail Server settings:
1. Enter a description for this server if requested.
2. For Outgoing mail server put smtp.tools.sky.com.
3. Click on Use Authentication.
4. The User name and password fields should be automatically filled in for you.
5. Click Continue and your details will be checked.
6. Click on Create within the Account Summary screen.
Your new account has been created. You may need to alter the ports:
1. Open Mail, select Mail and then Preferences.
2. Select the correct Account.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Ensure the Port settings are 995 for IMAP or 993 for POP and that Use SSL is ticked.
5. Save your changes.
Update - you may need to check the following:
Just one final bit on the above ... This relates to mail.app in Leopard, where Apple have moved the place to set the smtp server's port number!
After you have configured your mail settings there is one more thing to check.
On the Account Information tab
Click the pull-down for Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) and select Edit Server List...
Click to highlight the smtp server that you are going to use (smtp.tools.sky.com)
Click on the Advanced tab and change the Server port to 465 and tick the Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) tickbox
Click OK and close your Accounts Settings panel (making sure that it Saves the config changes).