SkyUser SMTP Server Live
Following on from the Sky / Google Email scenario, whereby people can no longer use their old email address's to send email whilst connected to Sky, we have brought online today, our SkyUser SMTP service.
This is free to use for our members and any of Sky's Broadband Customers. The Terms and Conditions are below. Hope you enjoy using it
We have simple ground rules for this:
- You must be a SkyUser Member.
- You must be on Sky Broadband.
- Maximum Size of emails / attachments that can be sent is set to 30mb.
- No more than 50 emails can be sent in one go.
- If you abuse or Spam and we get complaints we will delete your ability to send using our SMTP server. Any abusive / threatening emails sent by yourselves and subsequently reported to us will lead to your account being deleted.
- No email is to be sent by you to promote Copyright Theft / Intellectual Property Theft, ie Do not use our services to promote Torrents or any other illegal activities. If this is reported to us, we will delete your SMTP Account.
- There is no limit to Email address's you wish to send from.
- Your Username and Password will be unique to you, please do not share it with anybody else.
- We DO NOT offer a POP Service, this is already available for you via other means. For absolute Clarity, ours is an outgoing Server only.
- As this is a free service to our members, there is no Service Level Agreement, and we do not guarantee 100% Uptime, and is supplied as Goodwill and without any type of warranty.
- We reserve the right to alter these conditions at any time if the service is being abused.
We promise to:
- Act swiftly on any problems with this service.
- Commit to a period of 12 months, as from today, to providing this service.
Please do not use this SMTP address if you have not registered with us, as it will not authenticate.
SMTP Server setting to be used: mail.skyusermail.com
Along with the Username and Password confirmed to you by us to your Forum PM (Private Message) Account.
How to contact us to apply or tell us there is something wrong
Any problems with the SMTP server or to apply for an SMTP account, please contact us using this form, letting us know your forum username and don't forget to supply a password that you wish to use, one that is not used for anything else.
Third Draft - 13th February 2008