Sky Email Currently Down
As at 00:51 Friday 13th, Sky Email still seems to be down - Here are some suggestions to help you get back up and running, until it is eventually resolved
Update: This issue has now been resolved.
Reports about Sky's Email service, provided by Google started appearing on our forums yesterday evening. By about 8:30pm - 2150 guests and members were viewing our website.
It was fairly obvious that there was a problem, and that people were unable to send or receive emails, whilst using Sky's Email service.
We have put together a few tips to help you get back up and running, until this issue is sorted out.
Using Sky Webmail
If you want to access your email online, instead of going to the normal Sky Website, mail.tools.sky.com, use this link:
If you are using an Email Client, ie Outlook, Outlook Express, etc Try the following:
Use Google's domain instead of Sky's and it should then work for you.
eg. in your email client, change pop.tools.sky.com to pop.googlemail.com
And instead of smtp.tools.sky.com use smtp.googlemail.com
This is not an official fix, just one that seems to work. Please remember to revert back to your original settings once normal Sky Email service is resumed.
If you need any further help or advice, feel free to post in our forums.
- How to change the default password on a Sky Sagem F@ST2504n Router
- If you're going to protect people's privacy, protect our profits, too – US broadband biz to FCC
- 7/7 Victim's Father: Bus Blast 'Insensitive'
- How to get your Sky Sagem F@ST2504n Router Statistics
- Reports of Twitter's death greatly exaggerated says CEO