Sky+ HD Guide
Sky confirm roll out of the new Sky+ HD Guide is imminent, starting off with Thomson Sky+HD Boxes
Earlier on this evening, Sky posted the following in our forums.
As you may know we’ve been busy developing the all new Sky+HD Guide exclusively for Sky+HD customers. Over the next few months we’ll be gradually rolling it out to our HD customers. If you’ve got a Sky+HD box we will send you an information pack a few days before we automatically upload the new Guide to your box, so look out for it in the coming months
How is the Sky+HD Guide different?
With an all new look, the Sky+HD Guide offers new features to make it even easier to find, watch and record the programmes you love across our wide range of content, including 32 HD channels.
The Sky+HD Guide is in high definition and displays all your options on a single screen. Other features of the new Guide include:
• New Mini TV means you can now browse and watch TV at the same time. So you’ll never have to miss a minute of your favourite show again.
• Improved Now Next and Later banner now lets you read a programme synopsis for any programme across any channel up to 12 hours ahead without interrupting your viewing.
• Improved record and series link makes it even easier for you to record and series link straight from the TV listings without having to go back to your Planner.
• New Series Stack feature neatly files all the episodes of the same series in one place within your Planner, by grouping them under the series name. Making it even easier to find and manage your recordings.
• Improved Search feature makes it even easier to discover more of the programmes you love
• New coloured Shortcut Buttons have also been added for quicker and even easier navigation.
Why aren’t we all getting the Sky+HD Guide at the same time?
All Sky+HD customers will receive the Sky+HD Guide over the next few months. The roll-out will be phased to ensure that there are no disruptions to your HD experience. The first group to receive the Sky+HD Guide will be made up of some of our customers with Thomson Sky+HD boxes.
What will I need to do to get started?
You don’t need to do anything. We’ll be automatically uploading the new Sky+HD Guide to your current Sky+HD box. Your recordings and settings will be saved and you can continue to use your existing remote control. As with all of our products, we’ve designed the Guide so that it’s easy to use, it won’t take long for you to familiarise yourself with the new Sky+HD Guide.
If you have any further questions you can find additional information and details of all the new features by visiting: Sky+HD Guide
Enjoy exploring your new Sky+ HD Guide
Discuss the new Sky+HD Guide in our forums.