Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless problem

This is a discussion on Wireless problem within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I,ve had sky broadband for a while now, all works fine apart from, when I switch on my laptop I ...

picko is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wireless problem

I,ve had sky broadband for a while now, all works fine apart from, when I switch on my laptop I get "conected to skybroadband" but after a minute or two, it says "no conection" then I have to unplug the netgear WG111v2 adapter wait a couple of seconds plug it back in and it`ll work perfect till the next time I switch on the laptop again,
      my daughter has the same problem but she has a built-in wireless adapter, so she has to unplug her router and reboot her laptop.

Any Idea`s.

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless problem

Sounds like the UPnP bug that's a "feature" of the Sky/Netgear router.

In the address bar of your browser (IE) type 192.168.0.1 and a login box for the router should appear. Type admin and the password sky .

You should then see the Netgear router setup program -- find UPNP and turn it off. Then Log Out of the router and close your connection.

Try to connect again and you should have no problem. If you still have a problem turn the router off for a minute and then on again.

If that doesn't do it probably your wireless signal is at the limits of its range or clashing with a neighbour's signal on the same or adjacent channels.