Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

urgent help needed..

This is a discussion on urgent help needed.. within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Im not sure if this is the right forum for this problem but i hope someone will be able to ...

pimpshizzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: barnsley (slby)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

urgent help needed..

Im not sure if this is the right forum for this problem but i hope someone will be able to help,my parents are on the connect package,the pc is too far away from a socket so ive set up a wireless network up,NOW for the problem,everything was working fine but when they tried to connect to internet the day after they get the "cant find server" screen and a \schdoclc.dll/dnserror message,tried everything (well everything in my limited knowledge) but nothing worked,so flattened the hd and did a fresh install of everything.All worked fine..NEXT morning exactly the same problem and message..2nd hd flatterning..reinsall everything,all worked fine (you see the pattern right? ) THIS morning tried to connect \SCHDOLOC.DLL

dads pulling last bit of hair he has left out,mams not talking to him and my phone hasnt stopped ringing HELP..

2. Advertisement
      hermann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stockport
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: urgent help needed..

I'm no wizz so I can only suggest looking at some threads where people suggest possible remedies for the issue.

Scroll down the page past the ads: Windows XP: IE won't surf the net -- res:shdoclc.dll/dns error

And more suggestions here: shdoclc.dll file is corrupt

So it seems like an Internet Explorer problem. Whenever you can get online on the PC in question, I would run all the necessary Windows updates and get a more up-to-date IE if it's using 5 or something. I would also run something like Ad-Aware which is free.

Hope that helps

pimpshizzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: barnsley (slby)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: urgent help needed..

thanks for your reply,im quite pc savvy (to an intermediate level) i think ive narrowed it down to either the belkin wireless key (about 70% sure) and the router itself,its taken 3 days to realise that the connection is fine until pc is turned off,then day after no connection is avaliable (the fact pc is turned off MUST mean that it it isnt owt to do with ie6 or anything in settings) it only fooks up when the pc is turned on day after, making me belive that its either a dodgy wireless key or the router dunt like pc been turned off,ive run ad-aware,spybot,abg anti spyware and even microsoft defender (downloaded off my pc and installed on parents) results showed alexa and 3 tracking cookies..(nothing there to stop ie6 or firefox connecting).so ive told parents to leave pc turned on over night, therefore if a connection is possible it must have been belkin key that was causing probs,if the prob stll happens in morning then im out of ideas..