Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Netgear Sky Router

This is a discussion on Netgear Sky Router within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have this router and all is well when my laptop is connected via wire. When I wirelessly connect, wireless ...

shaunrichardson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Netgear Sky Router

I have this router and all is well when my laptop is connected via wire. When I wirelessly connect, wireless built into latop, getting excellent connection (54mbs), then it starts going down and slow. Would a netgear wireless card (108mbps) improve matters??

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Netgear Sky Router

Welcome to the site shaunrichardson

It might be a good idea to go into the router and play with the Wireless Settings ie:
      Channel:
      Mode:

and disable upnp could help as well that tends to cause problems.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

bry
      bry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Welcome to the site shaunrichardson

It might be a good idea to go into the router and play with the Wireless Settings ie:
      Channel:
      Mode:

and disable upnp could help as well that tends to cause problems.
      Hi,this is my first time on this site after trying to resolve my prob. with both sky and netgear.I have a pc working ok using a wg111t dongle but the other pc using another wg111t will not lock on to the signal,it shows a strong signal strength but just keeps going through all the channels but not locking on.To make matters worse after reinstalling the software a few times the software wont get past telling me to turn off ,plug in the dongle and reboot,when I do this it just goes thru its uninstall proceedure again ,I am stuck in this loop ,as it wont even let me completely remove the program from my program list now. The kit should come with a 2pound lump hammer! Cheers Bry.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Welcome to the site bry

I take it you don't have system restore set and running on the PC if you do try and go back to before the first time you installed the software for it, if not then you could try using this program Your Uninstaller! 2006 it should remove the program and all the reg entries. If that works try rinstalling the software again.

It sounds to me as though you are using the wrong type of security in the card have you got it set to WEP or WPA ?

You could also try that dongle in the PC that does work to make sure its not faulty.

I hope this helps if not just yell
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

sassylady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWKLAN
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (download link is at bottom of page)

another useful cleaner upper for software that cannot be removed if temp files etc missing.
      Rosie
      12591 kb/s Download 579 kb/s upload

bry
      bry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,i,ll try restore,didnt think of the obvious,I am using the security code that came with the sky netgear kit and was origonally installed by sky ,(i am using the same code for both pc.s)on works ok getting online wth a strong signal so i tried swapping dongles they both work on the ok p.c.I have tried the pc in the same room as the modem and although it show a strong signal it associates but cant fix on.If I change channels do I have to change to the same on both pc.s (I dont want to mess up the one thats working!)