Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I got Computer Parts, PC Components, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Notebooks - Misco.co.uk from PC-World today. It was setup easily, and ...

SteR06 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Waterloo
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless

I got Computer Parts, PC Components, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Notebooks - Misco.co.uk from PC-World today.

It was setup easily, and I'm on it now using XP. Computer is a bit slow though so I would rather swap it with 98SE -Is there anything I need to do differently to how it was done with XP?
      Last edited by SteR06; 27-01-07 at 12:53 AM. Reason: typo

2. Advertisement
      hermann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stockport
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Wireless

According to the link to what you've bought, it should work on 98SE and XP so the drivers for both those operating systems should be on the CD and it should be a matter of following the CD instructions as you're installing.

Re: the slowness, do you mean your actual PC seems to run slow rather than the speed of the net connection? If you do, does your PC lack RAM? I know when I installed Mcafee and the USB onto my old laptop (256MB RAM), it runs incredibly slowly. My PC has 896MB of RAM and is over 6 years old, but it doesn't slow it in a noticeable way for general browsing etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12